Pricing & Performance
Table views can be switched between Daily Prices & Returns, Performance and Expense Ratio by clicking on the appropriate Table Tab. Detailed fund information can be viewed by clicking on any individual fund name. Click the heading of any column to sort by that category.
The performance shown represents past performance and is not a guarantee of future results. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. The investment return and the principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. From time to time, the advisor has waived fees or reimbursed expenses, which may have resulted in higher returns. The listed returns and yields of the Fund are net of expenses, and the returns and yields of the indices exclude expenses. Current performance of the Fund may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Performance data shown is current to the most recent month end.
Daily Prices & Returns
Effective October 1, 2016, as part of the integration of the former Aston mutual funds into the AMG family of mutual funds, the former Aston funds changed names and certain of the AMG funds changed names as well. Many of the Funds also had certain share class name changes. See the Fund’s prospectus for additional information.
1. Performance for periods longer than one year are annualized.
2. Performance marked "At NAV" does not reflect the deduction of a sales load that, if reflected, would reduce the performance reported.
3. As of July 27, 2009, the Fund changed its name from "GW&K Multi-Cap Equity Fund" to "GW&K Small Cap Core Fund," adopted the Fund's current investment strategies, and will compare its performance to the Russell 2000® Index. Prior to July 27, 2009 (and for the periods shown below), the Fund focused on a multi-cap equity strategy and compared its performance to the Russell 3000® Index. The performance information shown, as represented by the performance of the Fund's Investor Class shares (formerly Class A shares), includes that of (i) the predecessor to the Fund, the BNY Hamilton Multi-Cap Equity Fund, a series of BNY Hamilton Funds, Inc. (the "Multi-Cap Predecessor Fund"), which was reorganized into the Fund on November 10, 2008, and was managed by GW&K with the same investment objective and substantially similar investment policies as those of the Fund, when it was managed as a multi-cap fund, and (ii) GW&K Equity Fund, a series of the Gannett Welsh & Kotler Funds, which was managed by GW&K and reorganized into the Multi-Cap Predecessor Fund on October 7, 2002. Because the Fund's Service Class and Institutional Class shares have not operated for a full fiscal year, performance history for these share classes is not available. The Fund's past performance would have been different if the Fund were managed using the current investment strategies.
4. The "Since Inception" return and returns for all periods beginning prior to 06/25/02 for the AMG Managers Essex Small/Micro Cap Growth Fund reflect performance linked with a "Predecessor Account" which began operations on September 28, 2000. The Predecessor Account's objectives, policies, guidelines and restrictions were, in all material respects, the same as the Fund's. The Predecessor Account was not registered as a mutual fund and therefore was not subject to certain investment restrictions that are imposed upon mutual funds. If the Predecessor Account had been registered as a mutual fund, the Account's performance may have been adversely affected. Prior to March 1, 2006, the Fund had a single share class, which did not carry an up-front sales charge. On March 1, 2006, the existing shares were redesignated as Class A shares. Class A shares have an up-front sales charge. Performance for Class A shares above is based on the performance of the Fund's class in existence prior to March 1, 2006, adjusted to reflect the sales charge applicable to Class A shares.
5. Figures are based on the historical highest Individual Federal tax bracket and do not consider state or local taxes or the Alternative Minimum Tax. After-tax returns shown are for the Institutional class. A and C class shares are invested similarly but will have after-tax performance less than that shown because of their higher expenses. Actual returns depend on an investor's situation and may differ. After-tax returns may not be relevant to investors who hold their fund shares through tax-deferred arrangements. The after-tax performance figures here may vary from figures provided by other sources if those figures include certain additional tax credits. Pre-liquidation figures include taxes on the Fund's distribution of dividends and capital gains. If the sale of shares results in a capital loss that offsets capital gains or other income, post-liquidation after-tax returns may exceed pre-liquidation after-tax returns. View the individual FQ Tax-Managed U.S. Equity Fund performance table for post-liquidation and pre-liquidation data.
6. Expense Ratio Contract Expiration: The Fund's investment manager has contractually agreed, through the date listed above, to limit fund operating expenses. The net expense ratio reflects this limitation, while the gross expense ratio does not. Please refer to the Fund's prospectus for additional information on the Fund's expenses.
7. The performance information shown includes performance when the Fund had multiple subadvisors and was managed with different investment strategies and investment policies, and was called the "Managers Fremont Global Fund." The Fund's past performance would have been different if the Fund were managed solely by the current subadvisor using the current strategies and policics, and the Fund's prior performance record might be less pertinent for investors considering whether to purchase shares of the Fund.
Investors should carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. For this and other information, please call 800.835.3879 or download a free prospectus. Read it carefully before investing or sending money.
Load performance: Class C shares carry a 1.00% CDSC if sold within one year of purchase. Performance of Fund classes will differ. Please see the prospectus for details.
The Fund share classes differ with regard to sales charges and Fund expenses. In choosing a Fund and class(es), investors should consider the amount they plan to invest, their investment objectives, the Fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing, and how long they intend to keep their money invested in the Fund and class(es). Investors should discuss their goals and choices with a registered financial professional in order to determine which share class is appropriate for them.
From time to time, the Fund’s advisor has waived fees or reimbursed expenses, which may have resulted in higher returns.